Android device owners can now have the opportunity to get behind the eyes of a zombie-dodging escapee in Into the Dead. This game’s unusual take on the endless-runner genre plays out from a first-person perspective. It is the player’s objective to sprint through waves of walking dead zombies, steering left and right to avoid getting snagged by zombie hands. And that’s not all. A lot of the action involves running through fields, meaning you have to hurdle fences and dodge trees if you want to stay alive.
What we really liked about Into the Dead was the game’s claustrophobic atmosphere and clever mission structure. As well as choosing when to grab weapons and when to just run, you have to change your tactics to complete objectives (such as killing a set number of zombies, or not using any weapons). Complete three of these objectives, and you will unlock the next batch of goals. It’s a neat system, and one that does a great job of enticing you back for another run.
• Intense gameplay with stunning visuals & sound depicting a grim zombie apocalypse
• Unlock an arsenal of powerful weapons and perks to help you stay alive
• Missions and minigoals provide constant challenges to overcome
• Challenge your friends to beat your high scores
• Ongoing updates to deliver new modes, features, and content