Namco Bandai has recently released Corn Quest which is a tower defense style game but with a more active and real-time take on the genre that has you building your defenses on the fly to defend corn fields from ravenous bugs. At the start of each level, players have an “energy” reserve that recharges and gets used as players place defense forces. The strategy comes from placing troops well to stop incoming forces from getting through each stage.
Corn Quest is available for free should you want to be a vegetarian hero this weekend. It is supported through option in-game purchases for some of those upgrades and boosts you might want to use.
Corn Quest Features:
• Instantly rewarding, real-time take on the tower defense genre
• Three modes of play – Campaign, Survival, and Sudden Death
• 5 unique corn units – From steadfast grunt to sharpshooting sniper
• 5 incredible power-ups – From the deceptive scarecrow to the unstoppable Shuck Norris
• 5 beautiful environments – From the golden fields of corn to the cold, crystalline lair of the bug Queen